Happy Birthday Owen!!
Oh my goodness, my oldest baby turned four this year!! I cannot even believe it! I remember the day I was in the hospital in labor and how I thought I was going to die after pushing for a couple of hours. I remember asking the doctor to cut me open because there was no way I had the strength to push anything out of my body at that moment and somehow, he finally came out! I remember hearing just ONE cry, " WHAAAAHH!!" And that's it! He was staring at me and at the room the rest of the time. I was thinking to myself, "Is there something wrong with this baby?" But let me tell you, this boy is as active as a boy can really get. If I had to describe Owen in a few words, it would be a ball of energy!
He has such a strong, confident spirit and is not afraid to be outgoing and learn new things. This year he has mellowed out a little and has been such a great big brother to Isabela and Jacob. He even loves all of his cousins as well and is always excited to see each one of them. This was his first year in Primary and he is a Sunbeam. He has loved it up until he had to say his part in the Primary Program this past OctoberL. My poor baby was so nervous when the day came and he started to cry before going up, but somehow he pulled himself together and said his part perfectly. And to make things worse, when moving into our new ward, the Primary had not yet had the program yet, and "lucky" Owen got to stand up again in front of the congregation and say his part yet AGAIN!! He was a lot more prepared this time and enjoyed a little more the second time around.
This past year, he has grown so much as of course speaks clearly and has some of the funniest comments. Here are some things I can remember him saying this year:
"Mommy, don't hit me…… Just talk to me Mommy, just talk to me, ok?"
On another occasion, I was so frustrated with him one day and told him, "Owen, why are you being such a…… such a bad child?" And his response was, "I'm not a bad child mommy, I'm a Child of God." I tried to keep a straight face, but it made me smile just hearing him. He really is such a sweet little bot. He is willing to help me with most things and wants to be a "handy man."
Here is Owen eating ONE of his many cupcakes on his birthday. I put an apron so he wouldn't get dirty!
One of his presents this year was cars, of course! You can never go wrong with getting a boy CARS!! Even if they are 28!!!
2 comments:
you are so cute and I am so sad you guys moved. But in regaurds to changing the font, I just messed with the html and changed all the words that were font names to other names. you can look up tutorials on it and it would probaly be more helpful than me.
brandon asked if we could go to disneyland to so he could see owen. just now he asked, "are you emailing owen so he comes home from disneyland and back to vegas to play with me?"
Post a Comment