Tuesday, May 12, 2009

MOTHER’S DAY

We had a super good day, besides the fact that I got mad at Ryan for not writing me a card! I can be a pain most of the time, I know. But he made it up to me, so we are all in good terms now. J We woke up for church and were able to get ready on time…. Yeah, that doesn't happen too often. Church started at 11 am and we got home around 2:30 and watched the Lakers get blown out. I also got a really cool little handprint from Owen that he made at church for Mother's Day and told me, "Here Mom, Happy Mother's Day." That's the first time one of them has told me that all by themselves without Ryan having to tell him to repeat the words, so it was pretty cool to have him say that to me. He is such a loving little boy and gave me a big hug! I also got a really cool camera for Mother's day! I have been bugging Ryan and asking him to "upgrade." I made plenty of excuses about the kids getting older and not getting good shots, so it finally came true. Although I am not a professional what so ever, this camera sure helps me look like one, and I LOVE IT!!! I love pictures.

As for my mom, I was able to talk to her for only a few minutes, but I am so grateful for her example and for her love. I completely understand her more than ever now that I have become a mother and understand why she is the way she is. She has been the greatest example as a mother and has been so unselfish with her time here on earth. She is a mother of 6 children and 7 grandchildren who are all ages 3 and under! She is always willing to help each and every one of us and has devoted all her time in taking care of us. She was always there; all the soccer games, basketball games, baseball games, leadership banquets, school events, and most importantly always supported, encouraged, and emphasized the importance of faith and love for our Savior, Jesus Christ, and I will forever be grateful for that. Because of her, I am where I am today. My Heavenly Father has blessed me with such a great mom and she is truly a blessing for my little children as well.


MY 3 LITTLE "ANGELS" ON MOTHER'S DAY

No comments: